BJJ | Muay Thai | CrossFit | Fitness | Kids
6.23.2014 – 6.29.2014
Fundamentals – Closed Guard
Intermediate – Side Control Escapes
Kickboxing – Low Kicks
Low kicks are kicks designed to attack the legs of your opponent. When delivered properly, these can be a very powerful tool! The three main areas to attack are the legs, body, and head. We will focus on developing proper leg kick technique, while working them in with our other strikes.
Muay Thai – Creating Angles
Standing in front of your opponent gives equal opportunity to hit and be hit. This week we look at ways to “get off the railroad tracks” and increase our odds of landing strikes without taking damage. Angles are an important advantage in the fight game!
CrossFit – Mobility
I don’t know how this world ends for you, but I do know you can control a lot of factors about you life and the way the world effects you. You need to be able to squat, get up off the ground, fully extend your arms to reach, carry items and walk with ease. Strength is important as gravity pulls us down, but strength without the range of motion to use it is worthless. Check out Mobility WOD, and dedicate some time to functional stretching.
Take responsibility for your body and write down your mobility goals in addition to writing down your WOD.
Don’t become a worthless, skin covered sack of bones. Get stronger, more mobile and harder to kill.
Kids – Manners
Focus of the Month
This month we’ll be learning what good manners are, why they matter, and how to use them. We’re starting off with how to be a good, and effective, listener.
- Little Tigers – This week we’ll be learning how to move from the Mount to the Back.
- Tigers – This week we’ll be learning Guard Attacks and Side Control escapes, teaching us how to stay safe and fight off our back.
- Advanced Tigers – We’ll be learning the High Guard this week, one of the most effective, technical Guard positions.
This week we’re studying how to blend our Body Shots in with the rest of our Combos.
- Coach Peter Straub and Jake Chatham will both be fighting on the upcoming Sparta Card on July 18th! Be sure to get with these two soon to grab some tickets! They have both been preparing diligently and will be looking to make a statement…you don’t want to miss a great night of fights like these!
- Summer Camps have a few spots left so make sure to get in on the fun while there is still time! Check with the front desk to make sure your child doesn’t miss out!
Tough times don’t last, but tough people do! Keep this in mind as you traverse the many speed bumps that life throws your way. If you keep your head down and keep it moving…you’ll make it out ok. Just don’t get trapped in your misery or suffering…it won’t last!