BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | Kids
2.3.2020 – 2.9.2020
- Drills: Guard pull to anaconda guard sweep, smash pass to mount, knee slide to side control, side control to mount
- Takedown: Pulling Guard
- Ground: Attacking the Mount
Kickboxing – Low Kicks
This week in Kickboxing, we will focus on attacking the legs of our opponent with low kicks! When executed properly, low kicks can be a devastating weapon that keeps our opponent from being able to move, attack with any power, or defend. We will examine the types of low kicks, as well as how/when to throw them. Get to chopping this week!
Muay Thai – Teep Defense and Counters
Last week we focused on the mechanics of our teeps and push kicks, this week we will look at the different ways to defend and counter them. Like all kicks, there are a number of defenses, which include: evading, intercepting, redirecting, and catching. We will drill all of these and look at which counters work best.
Kids – Focus
How do we stay focused throughout our day?
- Standing – Snap Downs
- BJJ – Backpack & Crazy Horse
Tigers – White Belt
- Standing – Pulling Guard
- Ground – Closed Guard Arm bar
Tigers – Advanced
- Standing – Duck Under off the Post
- Ground – Back Defense Safe Side
- Fight to Win tournament coming up soon! Be there to support your teammates! Speak with a coach if you’re interested in signing up!
Thoughts – Dream BIG
“Being realistic is the most commonly traveled path to mediocrity.” -Mohammad Ali