Easton Training Center’s Focus of the week; Martial arts classes, News and Events
10/28/13 – 11/3/13
Martial Arts Classes
Muay Thai / Kickboxing
Fundamentals: Front Kicks
Intermediate: Setting up front kicks and front kick combos
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Fundamentals – F6
- Rear Choke Defense
- Maintain Mount + Front Choke + Armbar
- Rear Choke Def; Maintain Mount (4 ways), plus intro to Head control (ala Roger)
Intermediate – I18
- Guard Pass – Over And Under
- Standing to open the guard + Over and Under the leg options for passing
- 100K Defense
- ETC Denver’s Crossfit program is officially “Crossfit 1304”. The first official Crossfit WOD takes place today. Stay tuned for more details and pay attention to the schedule to see when you can try out a Crossfit class. Speak with your Member Rep today!
- The Easton In House tournament takes place this weekend at ETC Denver(1304 Santa Fe, Denver, CO). Good luck if you are competing. If you decide to sit this one out make sure you head down and cheer on your teammates. REGISTRATION IS CLOSED, but for more details about the tournament click here.
- Both Braulio and Duane Ludwig’s seminars are right around the corner! Both of these are can’t miss opportunities and are already getting short on spots. Reserve your spot today with the front desk. See you there!!
- Good luck to the ETC members heading out to the No Gi World Championships in California this coming weekend! We know everyone has been training hard and will leave it all on the mat!
Focus of the week
Be mindful of your other health concerns beyond exercise. They matter in the grand scheme as well. Do you eat a balanced diet? Do you sleep enough? The answers to these two questions are probably no, or at least not a clear yes. If self defense through exercise and fitness is what we are all after, then isn’t this the most important form of self-defense? Most of us probably won’t fight in the street, or have to pack 70 lbs around all day and night, so while training martial arts and exercising is important, it is only one piece of a large pie. Make sure to get your rest and proper nutrition…it could save your life.