Kids Martial Arts Classes in Boulder Are Exploding!
In today’s world it is getting harder and harder to teach our kids discipline, good work ethic and overall a self confidence. No matter where you look our children are being bombarded with negative imagery, less than positive role models and just an overall bad examples in everything from music to video games and television shows. What is a parent to do?
Enrolling your child in a team sport like football might be a good start, but what happens is if your child is not the “star” player he/she can shunned by the coaches, get lost amongst all the other kids and not get any attention. This may actually hurt your child’s confidence because they will start thinking they are not “good enough” and they may actually never want to do an Not to mention that football injury rates are worse than boxing and have been linked to many long term injuries. Nobody wants that for their child!
So What’s a Parent to Do?
Kids Martial Arts Classes in Boulder Offer Every Benefit That Your Child Needs
When thinking about activities that can give your child confidence, teach them how not to be violent, give them discipline and instill good work ethic. Kids Martial Arts Classes are hands down your best bet.
10 Reasons Why Your Child Needs To Train Martial Arts:
- Learn Self-Discipline – One of the main themes of all forms of martial arts is an absolute focus on self-discipline. Today’s kids are so accustomed to receiving instant gratification that lessons in self-restraint and discipline aren’t always easy to come by. Kids with a martial arts background, however, are continually reminded of how essential self-discipline is.
- Build Socialization Skills – Sometimes kids who don’t always have an easy time in social environments often times find it easier learning how to get to know people and make new friends in a martial arts classes. They are in a room with other kids who are there with the same goal as them. The kids on the playground may not always be friendly or have things in common ground and can sometimes be mean. In a kids martial arts environment the instructor shows the kids what they have in common through their shared goal of obtain a black belt and mastery. Partner-driven forms like Brazilian Jiu Jitsu can also build relation ships as they force kids practice their skills with their drilling partners.
- Positive and Fun Physical Activity – Today’s kids are becoming less and less active. With video games, Facebook and other sedentary our kids are less mobile than at any other time in history. Obesity is on the rise and it estimated that 70% of kids in the United States are overweight. In fact in some schools there have taken Physical Education out all together!!! Turning off the TV and shutting off the computer only goes so far but you need to motivate you kids is you want to see a real difference. Enrolling your child in a martial arts classes practically guarantees that your child succumb to a being a victim of a sedentary lifestyle. Each day that they are in class they will learn fun and new ways to work out. They will be motivated!
- Goal Setting – Every type of of martial arts is based around a system of stripes and colored belts that show each student’s skill. Every class students are reminded of what they need to to do to earn the next belt or stripe. Typically they are tested monthly. As your strives toward their next belt or stripe they are learning the valuable lessons of goal setting discipline.
- Higher Self-Esteem – Confidence goes hand in hand with achievement, therefore your child’s self-esteem level will get an instant boost with every new move he/she masters and every stripe and belt that he/she earns. Many children who battle with a low sense of self-worth always become more confident once they are enrolled in a martial arts class.
- Learn Respect – All martial arts require your child to show their instructor and fellow students unflinching respect. In today’s world our children just aren’t taught respect in any form. There is no respect for authority, no respect for adults, no respect for parent or no respect for those in advanced positions. When your child goes to their jiu jitsu, karate or tae kwon do class they will be learning lessons in respect along with their new moves.
- Non-Violent Conflict Resolution – You might think that because martial arts instruction is self defense, that it promotes violent behavior. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Martial arts teaches to use self defense only as a last and final resort. Your child will learn calm and peaceful, non-violent conflict resolution techniques and see exactly how they can avoid conflict in the first place.
- Bully Proof – Bullies tend to prey on kids who have low self confidence and esteem. Studies have shown that 9 out of 10 Bullying situations could have been avoided if the victim took a confident stance. The good thing is that once your child is enrolled in a martial arts program their confidence will go through roof and if they ever need to defend themselves, they will be more than ready!
- Self Defense Skills – As parents we never want our kids to have to defend themselves. Sad thing is that in today’s violent world, they might have to. Once your child is enrolled in a martial arts class you can rest easy knowing that if the need arrives, they will be able to protect their safety.
- Overall Improvement in All Areas in Life – The benefits of martial arts training don’t end the school. The increase in self esteem, increase in confidence, increase in health and fitness level and increase in critical thinking skills also help your child become an academic superstar at school, have better behavior at home and ensure they they develop into a productive adult.
LIMITED TIME OFFER….CALL 303-938-1275 TO RESERVE YOUR CHILD’S FREE MARTIAL ARTS CLASS!
If you live in the Boulder, CO area and are looking for kids martial arts classes in Boulder, CO, I encourage you to pick up the phone and give me a call at 303-938-1275 to schedule a free class. You and your child can come down, take a look at at our facility, meet with one of our instructors and decide if our program is the right fit for you. I definitely know that we can help out your child.
See You Soon,
Easton Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
2005 32nd Street,
Boulder, CO 80301