The video below is an important message about the upcoming Easton Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Winter Tournament.
Please watch this video closely and follow the instructions. Take this message as a “code of conduct” to better support your kids during their matches.
Yes, competitiveness is very healthy and we encourage it. But at the same time, we’re trying to build their confidence as they compete for the first time. So focus on supporting your child without demolishing his/her opponent.
Here’s The Video Message
Few major takeaways from the video:
- Your bracket time will be announced on our Facebook fan page
- Registration for the BJJ Tournament ends on November 28th
- Referees are instructed to stop the match whenever they see anybody in danger, even when competitor hasnt tapped
Important Tournament Rules You Should Be Aware Of
- Takedowns are worth 2 points
- Whoever initiated a takedown gets the points even if opponent pulls guard midway
- Pulling guard (any guard) from standing up awards no points
- To secure points you need to show position dominance (3 seconds in control)
- To win the 4 points for taking the back you need both hooks in – body triangle doesnt count
Have Any Questions?
Let us know in the comments. Or on Facebook. We are here to help.