BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | CrossFit | Kids
11.9.2015 – 11.15.2015
Fundamentals – Rear Bear Hug Defense and Side Control Attacks
- Rear Bear Hug Defense – It is important that we not neglect our self-defense, and this is a great one to be sharp with. There are only several ways that someone will physically try and restrain you with their bare hands, and this is a common one. We will break the attack down and show you how to shut it down and take control of the situation.
- Side Control Triple Attack – We will chain a few attacks together from side-control in this class. This is a great way to keep your opponent on the defensive, while keeping a great control position while you seek for the finish.
Intermediate – Hip Throw and Guard Passing
- Renzo Hip Throw Walking – This is a hip throw variation where the grip is placed in the collar behind the neck and the opponent is baited to walk towards you, pushing. This set up can be extremely effective for the overaggressive opponent.
- Knee Through the Middle Pass – This pass is a great way to open the opponent’s guard and begin to pass. We will show both ways to drive forward with your knee (near and far side). This is just one more tool you’ll need to be effective passing the closed guard.
Kickboxing – Reload Series
One of the most fundamental concepts in striking arts is the weight distribution principle. Any strike that is to be thrown with force needs to have weight behind it! Learning to properly transfer your weight from leg to leg while maintaining balance and positioning will be critical to learning how to punch and kick with power. This week we will look at using our weight properly to throw strikes, particularly throwing to strikes from the same side (lead side or rear side) in a row. Learn to transfer your weight and reload your weight in order to become a power puncher!
- The BJJ Pro 1 Event is right around the corner. Please be sure to grab some tickets from your favorite competitor or the front desk from your academy! This event is the first of its kind in Colorado, so let’s make it one for the ages! This could be the start of something amazing for the BJJ community, so don’t miss out. ETC will have a bunch of warriors there to represent!!! See you there!
“Not everybody can be famous but everybody can be great, because greatness is determined by service.”
-Martin Luther King Jr.
-Martin Luther King Jr.