BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | CrossFit | Kids
9.15.2014 – 9.21.2014
Fundamentals – Headlocks
Headlocks are possibly the most common self defense scenario you’ll find yourself in. This week we’ll study how to deal with both the headlock from standing, and on the ground.
Intermediate – Guard Passing
- Basic Double Leg Takedown – The powerhouse of take downs.
- Over-Under Guard Pass – The Over-Under pass, when done correctly, is one of the most difficult passes to stop, and creates a dynamic passing sequence. However, if done incorrectly, you can end up on the bottom of mount. It’s all about balance!
Kickboxing – Elbows
Muay Thai – Finishing Round Kicks
This week we focus on throwing powerful round kicks, then following up with other strikes. We will drill 3 calls on the pads this week: “kick return,” “kick plant,” and “kick follow.” Each of these are different follow ups depending on the situation presented after the round kick. Get your quality reps in this week and add these calls to your toolbox!
Kids – Conflict Avoidance
Focus of the Month
We’ve talke bout the ABC of Conflict avoidance all month, and we’ve finally made it to C – Communicate Confidently. When discussing an issue with a mediator or the person you’re having a conflict with, it’s important to clearly state your point with authority. This tells the person you’re talking to that you mean business, and deserve their respect.
- Little Tigers – Guard Passing takes the fight from an equal game, to one where you can dominate.
- Tigers – Mount Escapes are the most useful defensive technique in any altercation. this week we’ll look at two ways to get somebody off from on top of us.
- Advanced Tigers – This week we’ll study how to pass the Closed Guard and attack from the Mount.
- Many of our ETC coaches and students are competing in the near future at various Mixed Martial Arts events in the Metro area. Make sure to be at these events as they are a great chance for you to get together with your ETC family for a great time and cheer our competitors on. We hope to see you at an event soon! Grab tickets from your favorite Coach, or check with the front desk.
Take no shortcuts when working toward the things you want. There are no shortcuts when you want to do it right! The time must be spent, and the knowledge must be gained. Work as if there’s someone working 24 hrs/day to take it from you.
~ Mark Cuban