BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | CrossFit | Kids
1.09.2014 – 1.16.2014
Fundamentals – Back Escapes
- Guillotine Attack + Defense Standing – One of the most common attacks for the UFC fan. This week we’ll look at how to properly finish the guillotine, and also how to defend.
- Back Escapes – Focus on the Safe Side – How do you get out of the worst position in BJJ? Come in this week to find out!
Intermediate – Pendulum Armbar
- Renzo Hip Throw (Walking) – This week we’ll finalize the details of our Ippon Seoi Nagi.
- Pendulum Armbar And Sweep – One of the most effective Guard games in BJJ. This week we’ll look at how to use our momentum to set up sweeps and attacks.
Kickboxing – Knees
This week we focus again on straight knees and how to develop maximum power and efficiency when throwing them! Think of your knee as the tip of a spear and we must drive that spear through the target. We will also work on incorporating these knee strikes into the number system.
Fitness Challenge: Push Ups
Muay Thai – Elbows
Elbow strikes are the most powerful and discrete weapon in Muay Thai. Hard to see coming, yet can easily end the fight if landed in the right spot. This week we look at the basic types of elbow strikes, set ups for elbows, and countering with elbows. Elbows are also the highest scoring technique in a Muay Thai fight!
Kids – Finding the Good
Focus of the Month
Even in the worst situations we can find a piece of good, and even when we’re around somebody we don’t like, we can still learn something from them. It’s all about attitude. Approach every situation with a positive attitude and open mind, and it will turn out for the better.
- Little Tigers – We’re working with our legs this week. From standing we’ll look at Thai kicks, and from the ground we’ll play Crazy Legs to work on Guard Passing.
- Tigers – Being able to get a bully off of you by Escaping Side Control is one of the most useful tools you can have in a self defense scenario.
- Advanced Tigers – Some more Guard Passing this week!
This week we’ll be studying combining our punches with our kicks.
- Congrats Coach James from Boulder on winning Double Gold in the Chicago Open, and all of the coaches that brought home hardware at the Vegas Open as well! Great job everyone!
- Two coaches from the Littleton/Highlands Ranch ETC will be fighting in the August 15th Fight To Win show at the National Western Complex. Coach Gigi Good, and Max Madorsky will both be having their debut MMA fights on that night against tough competition. Grab your tickets quickly so you can come show support for your ETC warriors!
Do not forget to be grateful for everything. This way of thinking leads to more to be thankful for so don’t ever stop practicing it. Just like everything else, if you don’t use it, you lose it. So practice being grateful everyday for a few minutes. Do nothing else but take a few moments or minutes to be grateful for all the positive things in your life. See what happens…