BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | CrossFit | Kids
7.28.2014 – 8.03.2014
Fundamentals – Escaping Mount
- Osoto Gari + Foot Sweep – One of the best ways to knock your partner off balance and get them to the ground.
- Mount Escape – Escaping the Mount is a truly difficult feat. You’re partner has dominant position and your hips are almost totally useless. However, with som sly techniques, escaping this position is easy.0
Intermediate – Mount Attacks
- Renzo Hip Throw – Ever wonder what to do when somebody is pushing into you. The Renzo Hip Throw ( Ippon Seoi Nage ) redirects your partner’s force into a high flying takedown.
- Maintain Mount – You’ve established a dominant position, now how do you hang on to it? Getting in such a great spot and losing it an be a frustrating event. This week we’ll look at how to establish Mount, hang on to it, and even submit.
Kickboxing – Leg Kicks
A major part of kickboxing is the option to attack our opponent’s legs. This week we will look at how to properly throw a low kick, one of the most powerful tools in the kickboxing arsenal! A good low kick can slow your opponent down while setting up other openings to the body and head!
Muay Thai -Round Kicks
Round kicks are the core of the Muay Thai weapons. This week we will focus on developing perfect technique on our round kicks in order to increase the speed and power of these strikes. Lots of repetitions this week in class!
Kids – Courage
Focus of the Month
Courage come in many forms, some are personal and thought out, others are in the moment. Take a second to think about all the situations you’ve displayed courage in.
- Little Tigers – This week we’ll look at the Rear Sweep from Closed Guard. This is one of the best ways to knock an attacker down and get back on top.
- Tigers – Being able to get a bully off of you by Escaping Side Control is one of the most useful tools you can have in a self defense scenario.
- Advanced Tigers – Some more Guard Passing this week!
This week we’ll be studying the Round Punches: Hooks and Upper Cuts.
- Congrats to Coach Jarred from Denver on another big win this weekend in the RFA fight promotion! Hopefully this win will catapult Jarred to the UFC! Keep crushing it coach!!
Joy, Compassion, and Internal Peace are all capable in the most difficult situations. Be strong enough to let these things exist in your mind regardless of what is going on around you…create your own reality!