BJJ | Muay Thai | CrossFit | Fitness | Kids
6.30.2014 – 7.6.2014
Fundamentals – Guard Passing
- Mid-Level Single-Leg Take Down – How do you take your partner down from a Mirrored stance? With a Single Leg of course!
- Guard Passing – One of the most fun aspects of Jiu Jitsu is bulldozing through somebodys guard and there’s nothing they can do to stop it. This week we’ll take the first step to becoming the next Rodolfo Viera.
Intermediate – Side Control Escapes
- Low Level Double Leg – The best way to take your partner down when there in a low stance.
- Frame Escape From Side Control – No body likes being squished. This week we’ll look at how to escape from the ‘100 Kilo’ position.
Kickboxing – Combos
Muay Thai – Footwork
CrossFit – For Time
Why do we have a clock running during some of our workouts? Why do we record our times and weights?
It’s not for pride. It’s not to compare with our other teammates. So why?
We keep data on our workouts because we will always forget where we came from and what we need to work on. We need to know if the programming is working and what we are capable of doing. CrossFit is not a boot camp where you hope for results because you sweat for an hour. CrossFit is a general fitness program that works better than anything else we have. We have collected data, changed the time and Intensity of our sessions and we have the data to back it up.
When was the last time you wrote in your wod journal?
Kids – Courage
Focus of the Month
I tell my kids, what is the difference between a hero and a coward? What is the difference between being yellow and being brave? No difference. Only what you do. They both feel the same. They both fear dying and getting hurt. The man who is yellow refuses to face up to what he’s got to face. The hero is more disciplined and he fights those feelings off and he does what he has to do. But they both feel the same, the hero and the coward. People who watch you judge you on what you do, not how you feel.
- Little Tigers – Being able to control our partner with our legs is fundamental for, not only our BJJ, but self defense. This week we’ll play Cray Horse to develop the dexterity and agility we need for this control.
- Tigers – Taking an opponents back is the most effective way to end a fight while staying safe. This week we’ll look at how to take a scuffle from the feet, to the ground, and pass to our partner’s back, ending it safely and quickly.
- Advanced Tigers – This week we’ll be looking at one of the most effective Guard positions around, the High Guard. this position gives us ultimate control over our partner’s body, and usually end in a submission.
- Coach Peter Straub and ETC student Jake Chatham will both be fighting on the upcoming Sparta Card July 18th! Be sure to get with these two soon to grab some tickets!
- Coach Chris Tramell won an awesome fight at the Grizly Rose. Stay tuned for his post-fight interview.
- Summer Camps have a few spots left so make sure to get in on the fun while there is still time! Check with the front desk to make sure your child doesn’t miss out!
The July 4th celebrations will be going on this weekend and it is always good to remember to make safe travel plans and to avoid drinking and driving. We want you to be safe over this holiday weekend and return safely, so make sure you have a designated driver or take a cab! Happy Independence Day ETC Family!