BJJ | Muay Thai | CrossFit | Fitness | Kids
4.07.2014 – 4.13.2014
BJJ – Armbars
- Mid-Level Double-Leg Takedown – This week we’ll be learning one of the most powerful takedowns in wrestling.
- Armbar with Transitions – So you got your partner in a Armbar, but what do you do when they defend and you can’t finish right away? this week we’ll be going over transitions from the armbar to other submissions to maintain your attack sequence.
- Mid Level Double Leg Takedown – This week we’ll be reviewing our Double Legs and looking at some more advanced technique.
- Walk Around Arm Bar + Kimura – From Side Control half of your partner’s body is exposed making it easy to attack. This week we’ll be studying how to isolate the far side of our partner’s body for attacks.
- Knee On Stomach Bottom – We’ll continue with our study of Knee on Belly this week.
Muay Thai – Elbows
- Basic Elbows – You already know two elbows form Kickboxing class. This week we’ll be rounding out our elbow game looking at up, down, horizontal, and slashing elbows.
- Elbow Combos – Now that you know all the elbow variations, it’s time to integrate them into some more advanced combos.
Kickboxing – Boxing with Body Combos
- Being able to punch at different levels is important for beating your partner’s defense.
CrossFit – Pistols
- Pistol Squats are a great way to work on Balance, Explosiveness, and Power. Here’s how to master them.
Kids – Self Respect
Focus of the Month
- Self Respect – Esteem or regard for the dignity of one’s character.
- “Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that’s real power.” – Clint Eastwood
- Little Tigers – Back Takes give you little one
- Tigers – This week we will be studying one of the most common Self Defense situations encountered – the Head Lock. We will learn how to escape this position while keeping both ourselves and our partner safe. We are also studying Guard Sweeps to go from the bottom to the top of Guard.
- Advanced Tigers – Spider Guard Attacks are some of the sneakiest attacks in Jiu Jitsu. This week we’ll be studying this intricate game.
- Boxing + Body Punches – The ability to change level while punching is important for beating your partner’s defenses. It requires balance and strength to be able to change your level quickly, and move around while in a low stance.
- Congratulations to all ETC Muay Thai Competitors that fought this weekend at the State Championships. We brought home some hardware and had a great experience as a team!
- Girls in Gi’s will be held on April 27th From 12pm to 3pm at the Littleton/Highlands Ranch ETC. All women and girls are invited regardless of whether they train or not. Please check with the front desk for more information.
If you don’t use it, you’ll lose it! This goes for both your body and your mind. Take a couple of weeks off from training and it’ll take you a little while to find your rhythm when you return. Fail to engage your mind on a regular basis, and you’ll actually lose your strength there too. Make sure to continuously exercise your mind, and your body and you’ll never lose a step!