BJJ | Muay Thai | CrossFit | Fitness | Kids
4.21.2014 – 4.27.2014
BJJ – Escaping Side Control
- Pummel To Lower Back Clench – This week we’ll learn hot to circle around our partner and get to their back.
- Basic Frame and Pummel from Side Control – Escaping Side Control will be one of your best friends. It’s the most common position to land in after your partner has passed your Guard, so knowing how to escape will reset the game to neutral.
- Headlock Defense Standing – Headlocks are one of the most common fighting techniques used by untrained people. This week we’ll learn how to negate this technique and take our partner safely to the ground.
- Headlock Escapes On The Ground – Once on the ground we still need to know how to get out of the headlock. This week we’ll look at 5 variations of how to get out of this annoying position.
- Knee On Stomach – Everybody should be feeling good with their knee on stomach escapes by now, so it’s time to drill it home and solidify those details.
Muay Thai – Clinch Work
- The clinch is a critical piece to your Muay Thai tools. In the clinch, you will learn to control your opponent’s posture and position, and also learn how to use your short range weapons ( elbows and knees) effectively from the inside. Every Muay Thai fight ends up in the clinch at some point, son learn to be relaxed and comfortable while fighting on the inside!
- Check out this video of Malaipet Sasiprapa, one of Thailand’s top clinch fighters, demonstrating some throws from the clinch position.
Kickboxing – Elbows and Knees
- Kickboxing is not all about punches and kicks. When you’re opponent closes the gap, you must learn to apply your short range weapons instead. This week we will look at elbows and knees, which can effectively be used in a close range situation,
CrossFit – Air Squat
- The air squat is one of the 9 foundational movements in CrossFit. We will continuously learn about and correct our air squat year after year to improve our general motor skills fir a better life, and our Olympic lifts. No one has a perfect squat, but we can get closer every day.
Kids – Self Respect
Focus of the Month
- “Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both under your belt, that’s real power.’” -Clint Eastwood
- Little Tigers – Being able to run behind somebody and control their back requires balance and agility, which is exactly what we’ll be focusing on this week.
- Tigers – Guard Sweeps are paramount not only for developing a good BJJ game, but for self defense. They allow you to get off your back and away away form an opponent safely. We are also studying Headlock Escapes, which is one of the most common bullying situations. We will learn how to safely escape a headlock, and take our partner to the ground so we can effectively use our BJJ.
- Advanced Tigers – Open Guard Attacks are one of the most diverse areas of study in BJJ. There is an incredibly variety of ways to get your partner from on their feet to on their back or tapping out. this week we’ll look at a blend of how sweeps and attacks work together form Open Guard to create a game where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Playing this game requires incredible dexterity and core strength.
- Straight Punches – Straight punches are the foundation of any solid striking game. This week we’ll be focusing on proper technique, as well as coordinating our hand and feet.
- Congrats to all of the ETC Fighters that got out there this weekend to give it there all at the Fight To Win fights this weekend. Tony Sims brings home another strap in an impressive win over a game opponent! Congrats Tony!
- We also have more warriors representing ETC this coming weekend at the Budweiser Event Center in Loveland. Coach Peter will be fighting alongside several other Elevation/ETC fighters. Last few days to get your tickets!!
- Girls in Gi’s will be held on April 27th From 12pm to 3pm at the Littleton/Highlands Ranch ETC. All women and girls are invited regardless of whether they train or not. Please check with the front desk for more information.
Being happy will come from being loved and adored, not from being dissed and ignored. Surround yourself with people that bring you up, not throw you down. The right company can make all the difference in the world.