BJJ | Muay Thai | CrossFit | Fitness | Kids
2.10.2014 – 2.16.2014
BJJ – Closed Guard
- Basic Double Leg Takedown – One of the most power takedowns known to man is the double leg. Learn how to take your opponent down so we can start to use our BJJ skills against them. Check out Jordan Burroughs if you want to see the true power of this takedown.
- Front Choke And Scissor Sweep From Closed Guard – The Front Choke can be your best friend or your worst enemy. If you know how to setup a strong Front Choke, the rest of your guard game becomes easy. It is easy to learn and incredibly difficult to master. Once you get your Front Choke set, however, a multitude of sweeps and finishes become available, the Scissor Sweep being one of the options.
- Tripod Sweep To Armbar And Triangle – Can’t prevent your partner from standing up with good posture? The Tripod Sweep is the answer, it is the standing equivalent of the Fan Sweep, knocking your partner on their butt. As our partner tries to regain a top position after landing, two of the slickest submissions in all of BJJ become available to us, the Armbar and the Triangle. This week we will be learning these ninja-like transitions.
- Guard Bottom – It time to up your Guard game. The bottom of Guard is arguably most important position for Sport Jiu Jistu, so this week we will be looking at some advanced techniques to bring us one step closer to mastering the position.
Muay Thai – Following Up
- Following Up After Kicks – Especially against a taller opponent, it can be hard to close the distance by throwing punches. This week we will learn how to setup our hand using our legs.
- Working in Kicks and Hands – It’s important to mix things up during sparring. If you throw the same attack every time your partner will catch on and begin to counter. This week we learn how to keep things spicy by mixing our kicks with our punches, keeping our partner guessing.
Kickboxing – Body Combinations
- This week we will be getting low and learning how to throw Body Shots with our combinations. Get a jump start on the class by watching the How To video.
CrossFit – Quirks
- The CrossFit community is tight-knit, and we’ve developed a few quirky personality traits. Learn about some of this weirdness with this quirky video.
Kids – Gratitude
Focus of the Month
- Gratitude – The feeling or expression of being grateful or thankful Living in Boulder and its surrounding areas, it becomes very easy to forget how lucky we all are. We live in one of the most beautiful places in the world, in one of the wealthiest, most developed countries in the world. This gives us opportunities that some will never have. Take a moment every day to take stock of what you have and it will make even the hardest days a little easier.
- Little Tigers -Escaping Mount is one the most important self defense techniques your child can learn.
- Tigers – We will be adding on to the our Snap Down and Back Takes this week, finishing off with the Rear Naked Choke. Basic Mount Escapes will also be examined adding in a few variation.
- Advanced Tigers – We will be going over Mount and Back attacks this week, as well as Back Escapes.
Muay Thai – Body Punches
- This week we will be going over how to punch the body, teaching your child balance and body awareness.
- Congratulations to Tyler Toner and Jarred Mercado for winning their fights at the PFC 5 MMA Event held at the Paramount Theater downtown this past weekend! They both won in impressive fashion over very game opponents.
- Congrats to Coaches Brian Carlsen and James Strater-Smith on closing both their division and the absolute category at the San Francisco Open. If you want to follow the progress of the next tournament be sure to follow Easton Training Center on Twitter, our handle is @EastonTC.
People wait all week for friday. All year for summer. All their lives for happiness. Don’t let that be you! Be happy now and embrace the life you have in front of you! Sure, their is challenge and opposition from time to time, but that’s what makes life interesting! Carpe Diem! Seize the day!