BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | CrossFit | Kids
1.19.2015 – 1.25.2015
Fundamentals – Head Locks
- Head Lock Defense – Nobody likes being caught in a headlock. Unfortunately it is an all too common self defense situation. Learn how to defend yourself if you ever find yourself in this position.
- Attacking the Headlock – In BJJ, the headlock is not a strong attacking position. However you will often find yourself there, especially in self defense situations. For this reason, this week we’ll be studying how to maintain and improve our position if we ever find our self in the top of a head lock.
Intermediate – Knee on Belly
- Double leg – We’ll be studying the Arm Drag to Double Leg again this week. Be sure to master this high percentage takedown.
- Attacking the Knee on Belly – Get comfortable being uncomfortable. This week we’re working on exploiting the heavy position of the Knee on Belly to submit our partners.
Kickboxing – Round Kicks
Round kicks are one of the most important strikes in a kickboxer’s arsenal. This week we look at the mechanics of a strong round kick and switch kick to the body, and learn how to turn our bodies to generate full power into our kicks! Make sure you are hitting with your shin on the bag, not your foot! If your shins feel sore this week, feel free to wear your shinguards in class!
Fitness Challenge: Push Ups and Crunches
Muay Thai – Footwork
This week we will focus on using footwork to set up our strikes. A good fighter will learn to fight from both stances, and never be at a disadvantage in the fight. We will work on the switch series in class this week that sets up a variety of attacks! Get comfortable in your opposite stance!
Kids – ABC’s of Conflict Avoidance
This week we’ll begin covering how to avoid and stay safe in a potentially dangerous situation. We start off by learning how to avoid harmful conflicts all together by making good decisions.
- Little Tigers – We’ll be learning how to take our partner down to the mat using the Double Leg. Once on the mat, we’ll look at how to take and control our partner’s back.
- Tigers – We’ll be studying how to escape Side Control and Mount this week. These are two of the most important self defense scenarios to master.
- Advanced Tigers – We’ll be studying some more advanced techniques for escaping Side Control and Mount this week, adding more options to our arsenal.
- Coach Peter Straub has tickets available for his Jan 24th fight for the Sparta Combat League at the Grizzly Rose. Be sure and stop in and grab some and go and support coach as he steps in the cage to represent ETC!
- Coach Gigi Good will be fighting at the Paramount theater on March 6th. This PFC card will also feature a concert by Everlast! Tickets available at cagetix.com. Be sure and enter Coach Gigi’s name! See you there!
- Our Muay Thai students are competing in a Smoker this Saturday. Fights are at Muay Thai of Colorado and start at 1pm. Come by to support your friends and teammates!
If you want to be successful, you have to follow one rule: Never let failure take control of you! It may never let go.