Focus of the Week
BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | Kids
1.7.2020 – 1.13.2020
- Drills: Push/pull stance drill, russian drill, arm drag drill, takedown, De la Riva to anaconda guard to 1 leg X-guard sweep
- Takedown: Hip Throw
- Ground: Attacking from the Butterfly Guard
Kickboxing – Elbows (Sok)
This week in Kickboxing, we are working on our elbows! Elbows are a dangerous close-range (zone 1) weapon used in Muay Thai. We will be looking at several different types of elbow strikes and then how to properly set them up and score big!
Muay Thai – Elbows
This week in Muaythai, we look at elbows (“sok,” in Thai) as our weapon of choice. The elbow is one of the most versatile and impactful inside weapons we have in the Muaythai arsenal! We will look at setting up the elbow offensively, hand fighting to create openings for our elbows, as well as ways to defend against elbow strikes.
Kids – Discipline
Is doing what you have to do, even when you don’t want to do it !
- BJJ – Snap Downs
Tigers – White Belt
- Standing – Double leg
- Ground – Mount Armbar
Tigers – Advanced
- Standing – Armdrag to back
- Ground – Guard Top Knee Slice
- Holidays have come and gone, but the training keeps going on! See you all bright and early Monday morning !
Thoughts – Positive Self Talk
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you are probably right.”