Focus of the Week 02/10/2020
BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | Kids
2.10.2020 – 2.16.2020
- Drills: Split the Middle (Knee Slice)
- Takedown: Guard Pull
- Ground: Stand Up to Pass, Push the Knee.
Kickboxing – Boxing
This week in Kickboxing, we will be focusing on our punching! Looking at concepts such as hitting the body, speed vs power, and establishing a strong jab. Boxing opens up the rest of our weapons in Kickboxing, so we use it all the time!
Muay Thai – Round Kick Offense and Strategy
This week in Muay Thai, we will focus on one of our strongest and fundamental weapons: the round kick, or “middle kick,” We will examine proper mechanics to ensure we are kicking with our whole body, and not just our leg. We will examine how the round kick scores in Muay Thai and when/where to throw it. We will also examine what to do once we establish our middle kick and our opponent starts to anticipate it!
Kids – Hygiene
- BJJ – Tackle the Giant
Tigers – White Belt
- Standing – Pulling Guard
- Ground – Triangle from Guard
Tigers – Advanced
- Standing – Underhook to Single
- Ground – Half guard bottom
- Frame to Gordo series
- Local Fight to Win tournament coming up on the 22nd! Who’s competing!? Make sure to tell your coaches so we can be there to help out.