Focus of the Week ( 1/12/2015 )
BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | CrossFit | Kids
1.12.2015 – 1.18.2015
Fundamentals – Mount
- Bear Hug – Nobody likes being hugged when your not expecting it. This week we’ll learn how to escape this common self defense situation, and get our partner to the mat safely so we can begin to use our BJJ.
- Attacking the Mount – This week we’ll study how to maintain this dominant position. Once we understand how to stay on top, then we’ll start looking at how to finish.
Intermediate – Knee on Belly
Kickboxing – Knees
The focus this week is knee strikes. Knees are a great mid-range and short-range weapon. This week we will focus on straight knees and angled knees, as well as incorporating them with the hand combos. Remember, power in your knee strikes comes from your hips!
Fitness Challenge: Mountain Climbers and Burpees
Muay Thai – The Clinch
Clinch work is one of the most important aspects in Thai Boxing. While not allowed in kickboxing, it is where the majority of points are scored in Muay Thai. We will learn basic clinch posture and position, entries, throws, and clinch defense. Get ready for a sore neck this week!
Kids – Showing Respect
Men are respectable only as they respect.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
This week we will be talking about respect. How to respect yourself, and us that respect to make good choices. As well as how to respect others in order to form relationships, and grow from their wisdom.
- Little Tigers – We’ll be working on how to take our partner’s back from standing this week, going form the front headlock to the back.
- Tigers – This week we’ll be working on how to escape Side Control with our Frame Escape.
- Advanced Tigers – We’ll be working on escaping from bad positions this week. Focusing on Side Control and Mount.
- Coach Peter Straub has tickets available for his Jan 24th fight for the Sparta Combat League at the Grizzly Rose. Be sure and stop in and grab some and go and support coach as he steps in the cage to represent ETC!
- Coach Gigi Good will be fighting at the Paramount theater on March 6th. This PFC card will also feature a concert by Everlast! Tickets available at cagetix.com. Be sure and enter Coach Gigi’s name! See you there!
- ETC Centennial will be having a Grand Opening on Saturday the 17th of January! There will be a randori, food, and festivities, so drop in and check it out and roll with some teammates that you have never met! The Grand opening will be from 11-1! Hope to see you there!
It’s always down to you and the choices you make. Work on the things you can change and never dwell on the things you can’t. You choose… ‘results’ or ‘excuses’ it’s always down to YOU… no one has ever given their BEST and regretted it. GO HARD NO EXCUSES.