BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | CrossFit | Kids
3.16.2015 – 3.22.2015
Fundamentals – Guard Passing
- Defending Rear Bear Hug (Over the Arms) – This week our focus will be on defending a bear hug when an attacker grabs us over our arms.
- Guard Passing (Over) – Last week we practiced passing the guard by going under the leg. This week our focus will be on coming over the leg to pass and get into side control.
Intermediate – Pendulum Sweep and Armbar
- Renzo Hip Throw (While Walking) – We’ll practice the Ippon Seonage, A.K.A. the Renzo hip throw, working on taking our partners down by tossing them with our hips.
- Pendulum Armbar and Sweep – This week we’re going to practice the pendulum motion, and look at our options from the bottom of guard. We’ll learn how to use the pendulum to set up a sweep and an armbar.
Kickboxing – Leg Kicks
Leg kicks are one of the most underrated tools in the kickboxing arsenal. A strong leg kick can slow down your opponent on offense as well as defense, limit their punching power, as well as create openings for other strikes. Leg kicks are a cumulative strike; you might be able to wear the first few, but if you don’t block them soon, you won’t be able to stand!
Fitness Challenge: 180 Jump Squats and Tricep Push-Ups
Muay Thai – Round Kick Follow-Up Calls
This week we focus on our pad-holding calls off the round kick. We will look at different options based on the distance created after a round kick is thrown. This week is as important for the strikers as it is for pad holders. Learn these combinations and how to hold them, so we can use them more in class!
Kids – Secrets
This week we’ll talk about secrets, focusing on when it is appropriate to keep a secret, and when it is important to tell an adult.
- Little Tigers – We’re continuing our punching practice, and learning different follow-ups for punches.
- Tigers – This week we’ll continue our work with side control, and also take a look at attacking the back.
- Advanced Tigers – This week we’re going to work more on pulling guard and setting up the balloon sweep.
We’ll be working some more on elbows this week, learning the proper technique for the up-elbow, and starting to put them all together.
- Congrats to all of the ETC warriors that went out to the Pans this past weekend and stepped up big time on the mats! The ETC family reeled in some serious hardware which is a testament to ETC Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and the high level of coaching that we have here at Easton! Congrats again to all of the competitors and coaches as well! Can’t wait to see how we do at the Worlds!
“Obstacles are necessary for success because in selling, as in all careers of importance, victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats.”