BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | CrossFit | Kids
6.6.2016 – 6.12.2016
Fundamentals – Headlock Defense
- Headlock Defense – Continuing with the self-defense, and the limited methods that an attacker will use to attempt to restrain you, this week we take a look at Standing Headlock Defense. We often make the joke that headlocks are issued in the 1st grade, and that even those with no skills in fighting often possess a mean headlock. We will show you how to take this offensive action by them and turn it against them. Never will you fall victim to 1st grade tactics in a fight again!
- Headlock Escapes – Escaping headlocks on the ground is just as important as escaping them standing. Perhaps even more so when strikes are an option. We will show you how to get to a good position when someone is attempting to headlock you. This block of instruction will increase your self-defense IQ tremendously, so don’t miss it!
Intermediate – Single Legs and Back Attacks
- Single-Leg Takedown – Depending on which foot we have forward, and which foot our opponent has forward (this can be controlled with movement as well), this tells us which shot is available. When we have a “mirrored” stance, the single leg is the go to shot. We will break this down as well as a couple of different options for finishing.
- Back Attacks – We will break down controlling your opponent so that you can attack with one of the two collar chokes we’ll show (A&B), or the armbar from the back.
Kickboxing – Elbows
This week in kickboxing, we will go over the short-range weapon in the elbow. The elbow can be used to “cut” or “speer” the opponent, depending on how you throw it. We will look at proper elbow technique and then how to properly set our elbows up and cover distance from punch range to elbow range.
Muay Thai – Lefty vs. Righty
One of the most classic match ups in combat sports: orthodox vs southpaw. The majority of fighters prefer the orthodox stance, so it’s important to know how to face an opposite-stance fighter. Many tactics that normally work against an orthodox fighter will not work against a lefty! We will look at basic offensive strategies, basic defense, and countering the lefty attacks.
- Don’t miss Member Appreciation Day on Saturday June 18th! 2:00-8:00 PM at the Boulder Reservoir.
- Fight To Win Pro is coming back to Denver in July and you know ETC has plenty of competitors on it…be sure and get tickets when they become available to support your favorite ETC athlete! The tables sold out in a flash last time, so if you’d like to be front and center…you better be ready!
Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.