BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | CrossFit | Kids
6.13.2016 – 6.19.2016
Fundamentals – Pummel
- Pummel to Low Back Clinch – Pummeling will help prevent the opponent from gaining control over you while allowing you to seek an opportunity to get double under hooks. Once, you have the double under hooks, you can use them in concert with your head to off-balance your opponent and take them down to a dominant position.
- Frame to Pummel Escape – Last week, we looked at the headlock escape. This is important to this week’s class, because if you do a good pummel from the bottom, you could very well end up in a headlock. You’ve got that covered though, so now we can focus on some of the details for utilizing your pummel effectively from the bottom of side-control as well as half-guard.
Intermediate – Single Legs and Back Defense
- Single-Leg Takedown – Depending on which foot we have forward, and which foot our opponent has forward (this can be controlled with movement as well), this tells us which shot is available. When we have a “mirrored” stance, the single leg is the go to shot. We will break this down as well as a couple of different options for finishing.
- Back Defense – Now that we’ve had the time to look at the attacks, lets focus on defending when someone’s on our back! The two basic ideas are escaping on the side with the arm over our shoulder, as well as the other side too (seatbelt grip).
Kickboxing – Teeps/Push Kicks
This week in kickboxing, we will focus on using the teep, which translates to “foot jab” in Thai. The teep is a versatile weapon that can be used for range finding, disruption, off-balance your opponent, or setting up another attack. We will look at the mechanics of this kick then explore the different uses of the teep!
Muay Thai – Boxing
This week in Muay Thai we will shift our focus to western boxing. While they are two different sports entirely, it is important to know the fundamentals of boxing and how to apply and transition them to a traditional Muay Thai style. We will look at the different uses of the jab, setting up the power side, hiding power shots in combinations, and entering and exiting the pocket. Time to get those hands going!
- The Easton Member Appreciation Day is this Saturday, 2:00-8:00 PM. It will be at the Boulder Reservoir, and our mission is to bring students from all academies together for a day of fun. Come out and be included in all of the festivities! There will be food, but feel free to bring a side dish, or some drinks! Sign up for a potluck item here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0548ada722a5fa7-members Food, Fun, and Family…what else could you ask for! See you there!
Moral excellence comes about as a result of habit. We become just by doing just acts, temperate by doing temperate acts, brave by doing brave acts.