Easton Training Center’s Focus of the week; Martial Arts, News and Events
11/3/13 – 11/10/13
The In House Tournament this weekend at ETC Denver was off the hook! Almost 200 competitors, 40 divisions, and 7 Easton Schools competed.
Professional Photos, Division Winners, amount of money raised will be posted on the website by the end of the week. We had a great professional photographer, Russ Hess, take photos all day, so there are sure to be some amazing shots. We will have a link to all photos by end of week.
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- Sponsors: Cyla Simon Realty, Wheelhouse Designs by Alan Ortiz, Evol Burritos, and Anthem Branding.
- Volunteers: Easton locations from Denver, Arvada, Castle Rock, Boulder, Littleton/Highlands Ranch, High Altitude, and McMahon BJJ. Without your help we wouldn’t have been able to have such a successful event.
- Athletes: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu competitors. We hope everyone had an amazing experience and we hope that we can do a lot more of these now that we have Training Facilities that are large enough to accommodate the entire Easton family. NEXT TOURNAMENT TO BE HELD AT THE NEW 10,000 sq ft. ETC – BOULER, OPENING JANUARY 2014.
Last but not least, Professor Marshal and Professor Easton are going to match whatever amount of money we raised. Please pay attention to the website and Facebook for updates this week.
Kickboxing / Muay Thai
Fundamentals: Basic knees
Intermediate: Clinch: controlling opponent, and attacking with knees in the clinch
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu / BJJ
Fundamentals – F7
- Standing: Guillotine Attack And Defense
- Ground: Back Defense – Escapes A & B
Intermediate – I19
- Standing: Review Double leg and Sprawl (put the 2 together)
- Ground: Maintain Side Control + Transition To Mount
- Standing: Instructors choice
- Ground: 100K Offense
- Braulio’s Seminars are here! November 7th in Boulder, and November 8th at ETC Denver! Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from one of the best Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructors of all time! See the front desk for more info or to sign up!
- Congrats to all of the ETC Competitors that made the trip to Cali for the No Gi Worlds in Long Beach! Tough matches were had by all, and some hardware was won…as always a great experience!
FOCUS of the Week
Achieving goals isn’t always easy. It is easy to say you’re going to achieve something…doing it is completely different. The key is making a plan and following it. First you have to see what the end goal looks like in your mind, then you have to decide on the path you will take to get there! Let others know what your goal(s) are and that way they can help keep you accountable. Pick something you want to do, figure out how you’re going to do it, then tell some friends/family that you are going to do it. As soon as you do, you’re well on your way!