Focus of the Week 12/02/2019
BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | Kids
12.2.2019 – 12.8.2019
- Drills: Push/pull stance drill, russian drill, arm drag drill, takedown, De la Riva to anaconda guard to 1 leg X-guard sweep
- Takedown: Side Clinch / Trip Backwards
- Ground: Passing the Closed Guard
Kickboxing – Low Kicks
This week in Kickboxing, we will focus on attacking the legs of our opponent with low kicks! When executed properly, low kicks can be a devastating weapon that keeps our opponent from being able to move, attack with any power, or defend. We will examine the types of low kicks, as well as how/when to throw them. Get to chopping this week!
Muay Thai – Boxing Defense
A new addition to the curriculum, where we will focus exclusively on boxing defense and examine the differences in defense between Muay Thai and traditional boxing!
Kids – Hygiene
Why is it so important?
- BJJ – Mount and Maintaining the Mount
Tigers – White Belt
- Standing – Hip Toss
- Ground – Side Control/ North South – Kimura
Tigers – Advanced
- Standing – Grip Strip Single
- Ground – Guard Bottom Fan Sweep Kimura (Guillotine No-Gi)
- Muay Thai Winter Smoker Saturday, December 14th. Be there to support your teammates as they put their skills on the line! Food truck and drinks will be present, come have a great time with the squad!
Thoughts – Don’t Compare Yourself to Others
“Comparison is the thief of joy.” – Theodore Roosevelt Comparing your progress to that of others is a fruitless venture that inevitably leads to discouragement. Try instead to set realistic goals for yourself both in BJJ and in life, and then seek to accomplish them. Strive to be the best version of yourself that you can be, because ultimately that is all you can do.