Focus of the Week 05/20/19
BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | Kids
5.20.2019 – 5.26.2019
- Drills: Rafa Step to Leg Drag
- Takedown: Front Headlock & Sprawls
- Ground: Taking/Attacking the back or Marshall Plan (no-gi)
Kickboxing – Boxing
This week in Kickboxing, we will be focusing on our punching! Looking at concepts such as hitting the body, speed vs. power, and establishing a strong jab. Boxing opens up the rest of our weapons in kickboxing, so we use it all the time!
Muay Thai – Teep Offense & Counters
This week in Muay Thai, we will be focusing on our 5 types of defense (block, evade, catch, intercept, redirect) against the teep. Studying how/if all these defenses apply and the appropriate counters to pair with them. We will also examine the options to take away the teep from our opponent and ways to get inside!
Kids – Balance Over Emotion
- BJJ – Side Control Escapes Ground – Frames
Tigers – White Belt
- Standing – Hip Toss
- Ground – Position – Side Control Escapes Ground – Frame & Recover
Tigers – Advanced
- Standing – Underhook to Front Headlock
- Ground – Position – Guard Top Step on Leg Spider Guard Pass
- Heads up Easton Dever family! We are cancelling the 6:30am Kickboxing class on Monday. Call front desk for more details!
Thoughts – On the Importance of Taking Action
“Take action. Every story you’ve ever been connected with, every leader you have ever admired, every puny little thing that you have ever accomplished is the result of taking action. You have a choice: you can either be a passive victim of circumstance, or the active hero of your own life.” – Bradley Whitford