Focus of the Week (12/24)
BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | Kids
12.24.2018 – 12.30.2018
- Grip strips – One of the most important aspects of training in the kimono is grip fighting. In order for an opponent or attacker to effectively pin you or throw you, they must first obtain some sort of grips. If we spend the appropriate amount of time learning this part of the game, it should be extremely difficult for someone to mount an attack against you or throw you with any amount of confidence.
- Pendulum + Technical Armbar – Closed Guard Bottom – The armbar is one of the most traditional types of locks utilized in grappling, a lock that works by hyperextending the elbow joint. This week we will focus on attacking the armbar from the closed guard.
- Drills: De la Riva to anaconda
- Takedown: Single Leg (dump and outsdie trip)
- Ground: Walk around armbar spin armbar
Each instructor will be teaching their favorite block of the kickboxing curriculum in their classes this week! Come have some fun and see what your instructor’s favorite technique is! We will resume the curriculum at the start of 2019.
Muay Thai –
Last week of the 2018, class lesson will be your instructor’s choice! Let’s have some fun before we ring in the New Year! We will resume the curriculum at the start of 2019.
- Warm Up – Front rolls, back rolls, hipping out, and break fall
- Standing – Jab, cross, and elbow
- BJJ – Tackle the Giant, Duck and Tackle, Clap and Tackle, review Bulldozer and Spider Kid
- Game – Helicopter
- Explanation – For the striking portion of the class, we will focus on basic jabs, crosses, and elbows. Make sure the students are standing in a correct Muay Thai stance. On the ground, we will warm up with a game of Infection, and then teach Tackle the Giant. In order to be successful with this move, students must understand the fundamentals of a wrestling stance, how to shoot while still keeping their head up, and to grab the giant around the knees. Set up the takedown using both Duck and Tackle (when the giant throws a punch) and Clap and Tackle. Revisit Spider Kid and Bulldozer if time allows.
Tigers – Whtie Belt
- Standing – Snap Down + Take Back
- Ground – RNC
Tigers – Advanced
- Standing – Under Hook to single
- Ground – Half bottom – Frame to gordo series
Thoughts – Use Your Words