Focus of the Week ( 1/5/2014 )
BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | CrossFit | Kids
1.5.2015 – 1.11.2015
Fundamentals – Mount Escape
- Foot Sweep – Thsi week we’ll study how to get your partner to the mat by disrupting their footwork, and pulling the rug out from under them.
- Knee to Elbow – Being in Mount sucks! This week we’ll study how to escape this heavy position, and replace our Guard.
Intermediate – Knee on Belly
Kickboxing – Reloading
This week we will focus on proper weight transfer and body mechanics during boxing combinations. We will look at “reloading” our weight in order to throw the same punch twice with effective power. When you hear “reload,” think of reloading your hand, shoulders, hips, and your weight, like you’re loading a spring! Make all your reps count in class this week!
Fitness Challenge: Plyo Lunges and Sit Ups
Muay Thai – Leg Kicks
Leg kicks are one of the most underrated techniques in Muay Thai and kickboxing. Like punches, they have a cumulative effect on your opponent. Kicking the legs wears your opponent down, which slows down their movement, defense, and offense. There have been many fights finished by leg kicks alone! This week we look at good low kick mechanics, offensive set ups, defense, and low kick counters.
- Coach Peter Straub has tickets available for his Jan 24th fight for the Sparta Combat League at the Grizzly Rose. Be sure and stop in and grab some and go and support coach as he steps in the cage to represent ETC!
- Coach Gigi Good will be fighting at the Paramount theater on March 6th. This PFC card will also feature a concert by Everlast! Tickets available at cagetix.com. Be sure and enter Coach Gigi’s name! See you there!
- ETC Centennial will be having a Grand Opening on Saturday the 17th of January! There will be a randori, food, and festivities, so drop in and check it out and roll with some teammates that you have never met! The Grand opening will be from 11-1! Hope to see you there!
- Check the schedule for new classes!
If the world was blind…who would you impress? Don’t only seek outward beauty, as it fades over time. Seek to be beautiful on the inside, for this kind of beauty is eternal and can never be taken away from you.