Focus of the Week ( 8/4/2014 )
BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | CrossFit | Kids
1.09.2014 – 1.16.2014
Fundamentals – Attacking the Mount
- Front Bear Hug Defense – What do you do if somebody grabs you from the front? Take them down of course.
- Attacking the Mount – Armbars and Front Chokes galore. Mount is one of the most dominant positions in Jiu Jitsu, this week we’ll learn how to capitalize on it.
Intermediate – Pendulum Guard
- Renzo Hip Throw – It’s time to get dynamic! this week we’ll look at how to redirect an opponents momentum, turning it into a throw.
- Pendulum Arm Bar And Sweep – Some sneaky Guard techniques to force your partner to move if they’re huddled down in the top of guard.
Kickboxing – Round Kicks
Round kicks are one of the most powerful strikes in your arsenal! Think of your shin as a baseball bat when you kick and swing it through the bag! The goal this week is quality repetitions on your kicks!
Fitness Challenge: 150 SQUATS
Muay Thai – After the Combo
The goal of any Muay Thai fight is to hit and not get hit back! We will drill getting in motion after our initial combination in order to make our opponent miss. Then we can follow up with another attack. Hit, then get off the railroad tracks!
Kids – Gratitude
Focus of the Month
Living in Boulder and Denver, we are incredibly lucky. We have homes to sleep in every night, food on our plate at every meal, and are surrounded by one of the most beautiful landscapes on earth. However, because these things are the norm, it’s easy to forget how much we actually have. Take a few minutes a day to think about how many opportunities you’ve had simply because of where you were born.
- Little Tigers – This week we’ll look at the Rear Sweep from Closed Guard. This is one of the best ways to knock an attacker down and get back on top.
- Tigers – Being able to get a bully off of you by Escaping Side Control is one of the most useful tools you can have in a self defense scenario.
- Advanced Tigers – Some more Guard Passing this week!
This week we’ll be studying the Round Punches: Hooks and Upper Cuts.
Two coaches from the Littleton/Highlands Ranch ETC will be fighting in the August 15th Fight To Win show at the National Western Complex. Coach Gigi Good, and Max Madorsky will both be having their debut MMA fights on that night against tough opposition. Grab your tickets quickly so you can come show support for your ETC warriors!
You get there by realizing you are already there. The growth mindset teaches us to think that the problem has already been solved…you just haven’t gotten to that point in time yet. Yet is the operative word. If you can’t do something, or haven’t done something, then you just can’t do it yet! You haven’t done it…yet! Don’t forget this and you’ll never come up short.