Focus of the Week ( 10/13/2014 )
BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | CrossFit | Kids
10.13.2014 – 10.19.2014
Fundamentals – Side Control
- Hip Throw – The Ippon Seonage is one of the most most powerful and basic, throws in Judo.
- Maintaining Side Control – You just worked your a$$ off to pass your partner’s guard and get to Side Control, now you need to hold your position.
Intermediate – Attacking Side Control
Kickboxing – Footwork
The goal of combat sports is to hit and not get hit! This week we focus on “getting off the tracks” after we strike in order to increase our chances of staying safe! Attack, step off, then follow up again!
Fitness Challenge: 100 Burpees
Muay Thai – Slips and Pulls
This week we focus on proper punch defense and evasion. Moving our head away from strikes allows us to not receive damage while holding our ground to counter strike. We will slip to the outside of off straight punches and pull out of range off hooks. Always counter after you make the opponent miss!
Kids – ABC’s of Conflict Avoidance
D: This week we’ll be talking about when to use our BJJ and Muay Thai in order to defend ourselves.
- Little Tigers – This week we’ll be working on how to take our partner down and maintain them on the ground.
- Tigers – This week we’ll be studying how to go from standing to the ground using a double leg take-down, then how to progress from side control to mount, and finally how to finish from the mount.
- Advanced Tigers – We’ll be studying how to sequence moves together this week, flowing from closed guard all the way to the back with a finish.
This week we’ll study one of the best defensive tools in Muay Thai: the Teep Kick. We can use this kick to make distance between our partner and ourselves so we can make a little time to compose ourselves.
- There is so much going on with each location that it’s too much to list some times! Make sure you follow the ETC’s on Facebook, and subscribe to our youtube channels so you can keep up with all of the latest news for each location!
- Women’s clases are going strong at your favorite ETC! Make sure you are spreading the word so that your friends, daughters, and sisters are all aware that there is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu class made just for them!
Don’t stay anchored to your fears. Release them and allow yourself to reach for new heights. If you never allow yourself to reach for greatness, you’ll never be great. This is the real tragedy of life. Don’t fall into this trap of self-fulfilling mediocrity.
“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” ~Andre Gide