Focus of the Week – Hoiday Treats
Easton Academies | Muay Thai and BJJ
12.23.2013 – 12.30.2013
Muay Thai – Defense
- Defense – Nobody likes getting hit, no matter what they say, so this week we’ll be learning how to avoid taking damage. Your first line of defense is your footwork, so all those drills you did last week will come in handy. If you can defend with your movement, then its time to work on your slips and parrys, which will be the focus this week. Giorgio Petrosyan has some of the best defense in the game. Also, check out the Money Man, Floyd Maywather Jr., for some of his amazing defensive skills highlights.
- Defense – We don’t just want to defend, we want our partner’s to pay for what they just tried to do. We will be continuing with defense looking at more advanced techniques and how to use our defense to setup counters. Andy Souer is one of the best in the world at being offensive and defensive at the same time, making sure he doesn’t get caught in the middle of an offensive combo — check out some of his highlights. For even more of the best defensive boxers check out this Blecher Report Article and one of the greatest men of all time Muhammed Ali.
BJJ – Instructor’s Choice
- A special holiday treat for all of our BJJ students this week, all the classes are “Instructor’s choice“. We’re breaking off from the normal curriculum to allow our instructor to show you what they think is most important and all the secrets to make it happen. If you want to show off new fancy moves to all your friends who aren’t here this week, make sure you come to as many classes as you can! Check out some highlights from the last Copa Podio Middle Weight Grand Prix (featuring our good firend Prof. Jaime Canuto) to see some of the stuff you may learn during this week’s special classes.
- The Holiday Season is almost over, but you can keep the holiday cheer going with some solid training at your ETC! Get in there and get a head start on those New Year’s Resolutions! Make sure you check your ETC’s schedule for closures and abbreviated scheduling.
- The New Boulder ETC will be opening soon, so make sure you stop in when it’s complete and check out our newest location, complete with Cross Fit and Kid’s training area! The Boulder crew has been getting the place ready and it’s almost here…can’t wait!!
Most people have heard the quote that says something like, “be the change you want to see in the world.” Well what change do you want? New Years is almost upon us and those resolutions are floating around in your head. What goal will you set your mind to and not let up until you achieve it? Whatever it is…make it something worthwhile that you can be proud of! Lets make 2014 the most productive year of our lives!