Brendan Schaub at UFC 145
Tomorrow night premieres UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans. And while Jon Jones and Rashad Evans might have the featured fight, Easton’s own Brendan Schaub will also be facing off in the octagon. Schaub is matched with veteran fighter Ben Rothwell in a heavyweight bout on the main card!
Schaub vs. Rothwell
Schaub has been training jiu jitsu in Colorado at Easton BJJ for the past four years, and Professor Easton is in Atlanta with him now, helping Schaub get ready for the fight. Sherdog ranks Schaub as #10 best heavyweight fighter in the world but Ben Rothwell is a veteran fighter with a lot of experience, so this is sure to be an excellent match and exciting fight.
A natural born athlete, Brendan Schaub has a long history of competitive athletics. After playing football at the University of Colorado, he then went on to play professional football in the Arena Football League. When he retired from football, Schaub decided to pursue MMA. A martial artist since childhood, competing in MMA was a natural progression for the athlete.
Schaub was featured in the UFC on DISH exclusive Outside the Octagon with Brendan Schaub in preparation for UFC 145, which you can watch by following the link.
The preliminary fights start at 8PM on FX and the main card will begin at 10PM on Pay-Per-View.
- Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig vs. Efrain Escudero
- Lightweight bout: John Makdessi vs. Anthony Njokuani
- Welterweight bout: Matt Brown vs. Stephen Thompson
- Heavyweight bout: Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs
- Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek vs. John Alessio
- Featherweight bout: Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin
- Bantamweight bout: Miguel Torres vs. Michael McDonald
- Heavyweight bout: Brendan Schaub vs. Ben Rothwell
- Welterweight bout: Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
- Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans
We wish all the fighters the best of luck and we’re confident that Brendan will find a win in tomorrows match!