Focus of the Week ( 11.10.2014 )
BJJ | Kickboxing | Muay Thai | CrossFit | Kids
11.10.2014 – 11.16.2014
Fundamentals – Guard Attacks
- Double Leg Takedown – One of the best ways to take your partner down to the mat.
- Triangle Choke – In Jiu Jitsu we’re always trying to pit our strongest muscles against our partner’s weakest. By wrapping our legs around our partner’s neck we take advantage of this concept to the fullest.
Intermediate – Back Escapes
Kickboxing – Body Punches
There are 3 levels of attacks in kickboxing: head, body, and legs. This week we focus on attacking the head and body with our punch combinations. We will work numbers 1-4 to the body, making sure all of our combinations go “head-body-head” to keep the opponent guessing! When attacking the body, focus on changing levels with your legs. Your head has to be on the same level as your attack!
Fitness Challenge: 100 Burpees
Muay Thai – Punch Defense
Hit and not get it! This is the focus this week. We will drill blocking and rolling hooks and returning with a fast counter. These drills must be made automatic and second nature! When the opponent throws a punch, there is always an opening, so we will defend the punch first, then look to counter.
Kids – Good Habits
- Little Tigers – This week we’re studying how to escape the Mount position. this is one of the most important things we can practice, because so many self defense situations end up in the mounted position.
- Tigers – Escaping the Mount is crtitical to both self defense ad sport Jiu Jitsu. This week we’ll study the Buck and Roll escape.
- Advanced Tigers – In addition to practicing our Mount escapes, we’ll be focusing on the Triangle choke from the Closed Guard.
Being able to punch and move at the same time is a fundamental skill in any striking sport, but requires lots of time and practice to master. this week we’ll learn how to punch while we walk.
- Congrats to all of the competitors that put it on the line this weekend. Fighters and BJJ students both represented well this past weekend and win or lose we are proud of all of you and how hard you all fought. We won the team trophy at the F2W BJJ tournament once again by a HUGE margin. This is a testament to all of you and the amazing effort that you put forth…not just in competition but week in and week out!
- Easton Smoker December 20th at ETC Denver! Sign up at the front desk if you are interested in competing. $10 registration fee (cash only), goes towards custom 2014 Easton Muay Thai Christmas Classic t-shirts!
You should feel no guilt about where you are on your path. Whether it is at the beginning, well on your way, or resting comfortably from some height. You must acknowledge where you are, for that is the key to further growth.